Sunday, November 10, 2013

LOVE GIVES

I had never met anyone like Him. For some reason, He thought Love was about giving…not giving the minimum, but giving ALL. When He told me He loved me without measure, I didn´t have an answer. When He told me that I was enough, that I (a simple girl sitting on a hillside with my knees tucked under my chin) could make Him happy forever, I could not believe it and so I just cried.

Me: “What can I give you? What is in this for you?”
God: “Just trust me with your heart, and love me.”
Me: “But will you give me the love to love you, because my heart is empty?”
God: “Yes, I´ll give you everything if you let me.”
Me: “Why would you want to give me everything?”
God: “Because that´s what true love dreams about, giving everything to the one cherished.” 


It took me awhile to realize that the ONLY reason He wanted me to love Him back was so that He could give more of Himself to me. He wanted my fragile, small heart so He could give me His. He asks for my love so He can give me limitless, overwhelming visions of Paradise. What makes Him happy to the divine extreme is seeing me wordlessly and joyously standing in the rain of His eternal Giving. God longs not to get anything but to give everything. True love gives all, and God is love. “For God so loved the world that he GAVE.” Oh, to capture this love!   

No comments:

Post a Comment