Sunday, March 31, 2013

Green-Some

The juice wave has hit us!

In our local social sphere everyone and their cousin (quite literally) seem to be experiencing, or contemplating, the benefits of juicing. I was willingly swept into the current. As a result, I have tried more fruit and vegetable juice blends in the last 2 months than ever before in my life.

One fresh juice, in particular, has captured my palate. In fact, I can daydream about its winning flavor as I write. Something about its clean sweetness and tartness, balanced with a mellow hint of pear and parsley, make it my green swirl of choice. 

Try out my “green-some” blend below. For a look at what inspired many of us to get out our juicers, watch the DVD entitled Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead.

GREEN-SOME SWIRL

5 green apples

3 pears (Bosc give a unique taste)

2 lemons (peeled)

1 large bunch of parsley

Notes: Experiment and modify to your heart´s content until the balance of flavor is right for you. If you´re low on parsley, throw in some cilantro to get the herbaceous undertone. For a smaller amount, use 3 apples, 2 pears, 1 lemon, and a little less parsley. Be sure to serve it right away in a transparent glass, if at all possible. Drink slowly and deliciously! 

No comments:

Post a Comment